Thursday, May 5, 2011

I accidentally became a judge for Battle of the Bands at Abuelo's on Cinco de Mayo

I was walking about of Coastal Grand Mall around 5 p.m. after a quick visit to GNC when I got a call from Hunter Jordan, who was at Abuelo's for a fundraiser for the youth at Trinity.

Hunter said Chris Mowder of Listen Up Myrtle Beach needed another judge for Battle of the Bands at Abuelo's -- could I do it?

As a matter of fact, my wife and kids are still out of town.

So of course I went over.

Tonight I heard from these bands, all of which made for a great party:

Bitterseed

Coman Sproles & Celtic Bluze

Treehouse

Eddie Ate Dynamite

Prowler

Below the Bassline

And the winners were:

3rd place: Coman Sproles & Celtic Bluze

2nd place: Prowler

1st place: Eddie Ate Dynamite

Hey -- each of these bands deserves a listen! Check out their music by clicking their names above. Cheers!

Digg this

No comments:

 
Links Add to Technorati Favorites