Sunday, January 18, 2009

Recently read

The Last Battle: The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 7 The Last Battle: The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 7 by C.S. Lewis


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I finished reading this to Maggie and Audrey last night. Lewis probably couldn't have ended the series any better. (It won a major award for childrens literature in England when it was originally released.) The affirmation of Plato was an interesting reiteration of a comment that appeared earlier in the series.


View all my reviews.

...and...

Optimist: Poems Optimist: Poems by Joshua Mehigan


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Outstanding craftsmanship with resonating senses of certain experiences. This collection of poems was hailed by John Hollander.


View all my reviews.

Digg this

No comments:

 
Links Add to Technorati Favorites